If you identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, or if you feel confused about your identity and are having a hard time, please contact one of these helplines for support.
You are not alone.
Helpline for all Alaskans: Careline
- Phone: Call 877-266-4357 (HELP), 24/7/365.
- Text: text 4help to 839863 , 3-11 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. Standard text messaging rates apply.
Alaska’s LGBTQ Helpline: Identity
- Phone: Call 907-258-4777 or 888-901-9876 between 6-11 p.m., seven days a week.
- Web: www.identityinc.org
National LGBTQ Helpline for Youth: The Trevor Project
- Phone: Call 1-866-488-7386 24/7/365.
- Text: text Trevor to 1-202-304-1200. Available Fridays ( 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. PT). Standard text messaging rates apply.
- Chat: chat online at www.thetrevorproject.org. Available 7 days a week (12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. PT).
- Web: http://http://www.thetrevorproject.org/pages/get-help-now#tcwww.thetrevorproject.org.
Whether you live on a homestead or in a tiny village, in Anchorage or somewhere in between, there are people who care about you and are willing to accept and value you, just as you are. Please reach out.